Hope everyone has had a lovely Sunday. Mine was spent doing horse stuff.
Grumpy is slowly getting used to his new place. He is a lot calmer in his stable now, and he is used to the new walker and paddock.
Only our riding is going completely south at the moment. He is noticing that I’m being careful because of the new surroundings and he is taking full advantage of it. I’m trying to tell myself it’s just a matter of time and getting used to things.
Today we had the entire arena to ourself. I tried to make something out of our ride, but mnjaa lets just say he got a very relaxing day. To keep focus I’ve decided to give myself some goals for the coming period:
- When I get anxious, I’m not going to stop, but push trough when it comes to riding
- When I get anxious in handling Grumpy, I’m going to stay calm and not pull him close to me. I’ve been working on this for the last few days and I’m so happy it’s working out well. There has been no circling piaffe’s so far.
- Work on my sit. As my boyfriend has taken some photos last few days I’ve seen how bad it really is and I need to get more straight
- Building more muscles on Grumpy with riding him trough his whole body and focus on getting the backlegs active
- Having fun. I worry to much, this is a hobby and should be fun, so I’m going to slow it down a notch and just have fun with it.
So that’s my goals for the coming months. I’m going to try to have boyfriend take photos once a week so I can see the progress. Going to be interesting to see if there is any difference in a couple of months.